I was recently nominated by Julie over on JccKeith.wordpress.com for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’. I have to admit I was at first unsure whether this award suited me. I haven’t felt very inspiring as of late. However a friend of mine sent me some kind words…and they really helped me feel better. Even better is that this friend, well when they speak…you know it’s the truth because they don’t just throw words our carelessly.
So anyway, the rules for this particular blogger award are as follows:
1. Display Award Logo on Blog
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award
3. State 7 Things About Yourself
4. Nominate 15 Other Bloggers for this Award and Link Back to Them
7 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
- I don’t enjoy wearing jewelry. If I do wear jewelry I prefer it to be inexpensive stuff…like the stuff you find on the twirling cases in Kohl’s or JC Penny. It’s basically because I hate the idea of losing something worth money. (okay…I can be careless at times or just forgetful). My husband can’t stand this type of jewelry and we are constantly in disagreement over this.
- I’ve only ever owned one pair of earrings that didn’t make my ears become itchy or infected. They were given to me by my mother-in-law. Gold hoops from Trinidad. My oldest daughter got into my jewelry box when she was a toddler and lost one side of these earrings.
- I don’t care much for diamonds. Pearls are okay though. I like pretty colors like orange, purple, emerald…Ooohhh pretty colors!
- I enjoy necklaces and prefer them over anything else. But bracelets are my next favorite items.
- I don’t care for rings however my wedding band is my most favorite piece of jewelry. I told my husband not to get me a diamond ring (engagement ring) and he didn’t…until after we were married. On our way out-of-town for honeymoon he stopped at the Jewelry store where we got our wedding bands and produced a diamond ring which he had on hold as a surprise for me.. He told me he couldn’t bear to have me NOT have a diamond ring next to my wedding band.
- I can’t stand any jewelry with hearts on them. NO HEARTS! UGH!!! That Timeless Heart series…makes me gag!
- My first memorable piece of jewelry was a bracelet with my name on it with two small diamonds on the side. This was given to me by a boyfriend. That relationship ended horrifically. (Maybe a reason I don’t like diamonds…who knows!)
MY LIST OF 15…I don’t think I can attain 15 names but I’ll try. It will be a work in progress!