In one moment, Anne O’Sullivan, a 32-yr old real estate agent, finds her life forever changed when she is abducted from an open house she is hosting. The reader doesn’t come in on this scene. Instead, we get to read as her experience is told to her therapist one session at a time.
Her life before the event was similar to the everyday normalcies of life, sprinkled with shadows of a horrific event in which her father and sister were killed in an automobile accident when she was just a child leaving her mother and herself to continue on with their lives. Continue reading
Some of you may know I’ve struggled to get back into my writing. For like almost four years!!! While my mind continues to drown in words, I’ve not really done a whole lot of getting it out do my head and onto paper/screen. Granted, a few free writing exercises here and there as well as some journaling, but nothing substantial.
Last weekend I attended a creatives conference: screenwriting, poetry, rpg writing, music, film, and novel writing. Oh and podcasting. The weekend was beneficial for me to say the least. I went away with many story ideas, possible money making opportunities, and honed skills. But what about engaging all those skills and that knowledge? I went the whole week after that conference and I didn’t write a thing! Ugh!!! Continue reading
Devil’sAttic Louisville KY
Every September and October my bestie and I visit at least one local haunt every weekend and then write a review of that haunt on our site called Locallylouisville. It’s something I look forward to all year long. It also causes me some anxiety because it also reminds me that November is coming up. Which means NaNoWriMo.
I haven’t participated in it for three years. With my co-writer and best friend Will passing away this precious March, it also means that I’ll be feeling his death all over again. He and I were each other’s cheerleaders the entire month, talked through difficult scenes, and worked through character and plot issues. Continue reading
I don’t know about you, but I do not like when my food touches each other on a plate. My husband will mix up and blend every single thing on his dish and eat it. It doesn’t matter what it is.
Last night he was eating whip cream (out of a can) from an ice cream cone while fixing himself a bowl of stewed chicken and rice. He isn’t finished with his cone so he throws it into his bowl of stewed chicken and rice and….just eats it. Like it belonged there!!! Like… WTH? Can we say gross!!!!
this military dude from the film #TOYS with #RobinWilliams (one of my favs from back in the day) is like my spirit animal. He says it perfectly!
All in good fun
I don’t know about you but I’m extremely thrilled that 2018 is over and done. With three surgeries, two hospitalizations for me and one surgery and hospitalization for my husband…and many more events that were downers that brought my creativity to a complete halt, yes!!! Finally gone and done with and good riddance!
I have a number of goals for the new year. I won’t bother listing them all here, however a few I will.
1. Read and review more books. Since I’m not writing, I want to be reading. I’m looking to read a mixture of classics, new fiction, and self-help books. In no particular order or preference.
2. I want to get into healthier shape and fitness. No. I’m not starting any diets as I no longer believe in them. I have found a personal mentor/coach who helps me focus on the mental changes needed to make a lasting change in the physical changes needed for my life. (With that, I will go to the gym at least twice a week for the first two months of 2019. I’m being realistic with my time and commitment.)
3. I will strive to be a better supervisor, continue to boost morale and support my team as best I can, while at the same time investing in my skill-building of holding them accountable for their responsibilities.
4. I will sell my house this year. There is so much that goes into that simple sentence.
5. I will work on my Dave Ramsey debt snowball aggressively.
6. I will NOT force creativity on myself. I will be content with what my desires move me towards.
7. I will NOT spend all my time binging on tv this year.
I think those are a few good ones. 🙂
Snippets from my secret side… Is it a recent entry or from years ago…does it matter?
I still can’t tell whether I’m okay or not. Am I happy? What is happy? I am lazy, unmotivated, tired, lazy, fat, slobbish, but am I unhappy? I can’t tell because i can’t feel!
I haven’t attempted to do something I’m afraid to do. Does that make me weak? Fearful? Or just not adventurous?
Black Dagger Brotherhood
Have you heard of them?
J.R. Ward writes divine alpha male stories.
I’m on book three right now. It’s not my first go at this series, however, she has written three books I’ve not read. I figured I would re-read them, catch up on the characters, and then dive into the newest books.
I’ve heard that Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed series is similar. Has anyone read her series? Do you suggest it or do you have a better suggestion?
I’d love to know your thoughts!